www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jealousy of doctors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous2

PostPosted: 05.02.2006 22:21    Post subject: Jealousy of doctors Reply with quote

Dear Doctor Merck,

4 years ago you operated on me and my daughter. We are very happy; the ears are still very beautiful.
I'd like to tell you my name but we had the operation done in secret and even today, no-one is supposed to know we had protruding ears. I think you know who I am; you won't have operated on mother and daughter together so often.
At the moment I am on Majorca and had a lot of time to read in the forum, which I really think is a good thing.
A bad thing, however, is the jealousy and envy with which a lot of doctors treat you. It's not only Prof. Mang and the doctors reporting wrong things about your method, but also Dr. Benedict who is jealous that the media report about you and your method. I have to say that it is only due to the media that I found out about your method.
If it were not for a publication which is only read by doctors, I would never have learnt about your method. Had it been for the doctors in my surroundings which I consulted about otoplasty, I would have been operated on with the traditional method. But I never wanted that; I would still have my problem today and couldn't wear my hair in new ways. I have to emphasis again, that I am very thankful to the media that reported about your method and I don't understand the doctors who envy you.
I wish you continuing success. Don't be intimidated by jealous colleagues.

Yours
a thankful patient
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 06.02.2006 09:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear anonymous guest,

As luck would have it I am currently on Majorca operating at the Mallor-Clinic. If you have the time, why don't you come and visit me? I could take a look at your ears now.
Referring to your posting: To be fair, I have to say my method goes down well with a large number of doctors and I am complimented on it by them. By the way, Dr. Benedict has withdrawn his critical comments about the media reactions. His posting about this and your posting were made at the same time.

Yours,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: