www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Costs and appointment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solich

PostPosted: 07.02.2006 22:29    Post subject: Costs and appointment Reply with quote

Dear Doctor,

I am very interested in an operation with your method. But I have some questions:

1. How expensive is an operation with your method? My plastic surgeon said the traditional method would cost about 1,800 Euros. Is the stitch method more expensive?

2. If I decide for your method, how long would I have to wait for an appointment?

3. Can I go back to work one day after the operation?

4. I've read that after the operation with the stitch method I do not have to wear a head bandage for three weeks as is the case after the traditional method. Is this true?

I would be very glad for answers to my questions since I am very interested in the operation.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Angelika Solich
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 07.02.2006 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ms. Solich,
The costs of the operation depend upon whether you have one or both ears operated on. For both ears the operation including the consultation, examination, local anaesthetic etc. currently costs 2,660 Euros. A check-up is not necessary so that there are no costs for that. Should a patient come to us for a check-up, it is free.

I do not know how long you will have to wait for an appointment as I am currently in Majorca doing otoplasty. But my secretary Ms. Op de Hipt will be able to tell you at tel. +49 7531 915310.

You can go back to work one day after the operation. You do not have to wear a head bandage after the operation. If you like, you can wear a narrow headband as worn for sports. This is not because it will hold anything in place; this will be done sufficiently by the threads I use. It is just to protect the ears from being pressed in the other direction for hours by the pillow if you have a very restless sleep. If you know that you sleep quietly, you won't need the headband. Should you have further questions my secretary will be glad to answer them.

Best regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Solich

PostPosted: 07.02.2006 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear doctor,
Thank you for answering my questions so quickly.

I am interested in an operation for both ears. How much are the overall costs without general anaesthetics?

You write that you are currently operating in Majorca. Do you still operate in Constance, too?

I would be glad if you could answer my questions again. Thank you!

Best regards,

Angelika Solich
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 08.02.2006 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ms. Solich,

The costs for both ears in total are 2,660 Euros, all inclusive. There aren't any costs for general anaesthesia; this is not necessary from the age of 12 onwards.
I still operate in Constance. Please contact my secretary for the available operation times in Constance.

Best regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: