www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Botched operation with conventional method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 08.02.2006 13:47    Post subject: Botched operation with conventional method Reply with quote

Dear Dr.Merck,

About a year ago I had otoplasty with the traditional method. Unfortunately it was totally botched. The ears are irregular, the cartilage is angular and looking unnatural, the ear lobes are more protruding than the rest of the ear. But what is worse is: they removed too much skin on the left ear and then simply stitched the ear to the scalp. From behind this is rather ugly. Can this be corrected? If not by separating skin and scalp, maybe by bringing the ears closer to the head so that it can't be seen anymore. Would this work with your method? Will you be able to reach the cartilage with your stitches although by now there is skin over it? That would be really nice because right now, I can only wear my hair long even though I am a man that always wanted short hair (hence the operation).

Thank you in advance
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 09.02.2006 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Guest,

I cannot replace missing skin behind your ear with my method but it is possible to bring the ears closer to the head. There is no problem reaching the cartilage with the stitches even if there is skin that covers it. I have to go through the skin in general to reach the cartilage with my method. I would recommend bringing the ears closer to the head so that the scars won't be seen anymore. However I should take a look at photos from the front, from behind and from the sides in order to be able to judge the situation more precisely. Of course you can also stop by and show me your ears.

Best regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 10.02.2006 01:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear guest,

Thank you for your interest. I'll be seeing you during an informational talk at 9 o'clock with the patients scheduled for operation on that day.

Best regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: