www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting from which age?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs. Fuchs

PostPosted: 17.05.2006 21:51    Post subject: Starting from which age? Reply with quote

Hello,
I've got two sons: Dennis, 4 years old and Felix, 3 years old. Felix's ears protrude strongly, and kids at the kindergarten are already beginning to pick on him.
With the operation for Dennis, I thought about waiting until his 5th birthday, but I don't want to wait so long with Felix.
The pediatrician says that the health insurance won't pay the operation for children of this age.
Is that true?? And which method would be the best???
25 years ago they did a botched job on me when I was operated on myself !!!

Thank you
Nicole Fuchs
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 17.05.2006 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mrs Fuchs,

Because of the anaesthesia needed during the operation, children should be 5 years of age. Sometimes it is possible to make an exception, but I believe the child should be at least 4 years old. Please ask your pediatrician for his/her opinion as to whether an anaesthesia is possible/recommendable for your younger son or not. Your doctor knows the developmental status of your child a lot better than I do, and can determine this better.

There is no doubt that the stitch method is the best and the most gentle, non-invasive otoplasty method out there. On my main website there is a comparison table and a detailed description of my method.
After reading it, I am certain you will make the right decision.

I do not know if your health insurance will cover the operation or not. Ask them directly.

Kind regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: