www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How strong are self-removing stitches?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas

PostPosted: 06.06.2006 05:56    Post subject: How strong are self-removing stitches? Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Merck,

you say, that you use self-removing stiches on the surface of the ear. Are those stitches strong enough, that they couldn't break, till the wounds healed?

Thanks a lot
Thomas
Dr.Merck

PostPosted: 06.06.2006 06:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Thomas,

The superficial, self-removing stitches hold for long enough - approx. two to three weeks. After that the stitch points will be fully healed.

Kind regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
elmer30

PostPosted: 06.06.2006 21:28    Post subject: self-liquidating stitches ? Reply with quote

Dr.Merck wrote:
Dear Thomas,

The supercial, self-removing stitches will hold for long enough - approx. two to three weeks. After that the stitch points will be fully healed.

Kind regards
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck

Sorry, I didn't understood this answer. I read in your website that after the operation, the patient can go home and have his stitches (the exterior ones)removed by his family doctor. Now, I've heard about self-removing stiches - do you perhaps mean that these stiches must not be removed?
Thanks a lot,
best regards
Dr.Merck

PostPosted: 07.06.2006 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Guest,

I used to use stitches which had to be removed by a doctor. Now I've changed the type of thread, so that a post-operative treatment is no longer necessary.

Kind regards,

Priv. Doz. Dr. med. W. Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: