www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have been operated on before

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christine

PostPosted: 30.12.2005 13:22    Post subject: Have been operated on before Reply with quote

10 years ago I had an operation and I dislike the tops of my ears that are protruding again. Is it possible to only have the tops operated on? Crying or Very sad
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 30.12.2005 13:58    Post subject: Ear has been operated on 10 years ago Reply with quote

Dear Christine,

With the Dr. Merck stitch method, it is always possible to operate on an ear that has been operated on before, even if only a part of the ears is protruding again. As you say, it is the "tops" of your ears.

In this case, stitches are made only there, and you will be able to control the position according to your wish with a hand-mirror. Up to now, this has always been successful, even only for 2 to 3 millimetres. With the stitch method, it is possible to work precisely up to a millimetre and the same for both ears. With the traditional method, this exactness is not possible.

Ears that have been operated on and which protrude again, be it at the top and bottom (the so-called "cup"-ear) or only at the bottom, can be brought into the right position with the stitch method. However, if an ear has been brought too close to the head with the traditional method, I cannot reverse it, because the ear is fixed in this position by scars.

Best regards,

Priv.Doz.Dr.med.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: