www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Always a fixed price?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ntn88ntn

PostPosted: 04.09.2006 21:36    Post subject: Always a fixed price? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have 'bat ears' they aren't rounded. Where they join the head there is a gap and then the ear forms in a nice enough shape. The actual ear itself is not so bad. All that really needs to be done is the very outermost part at the very top should be pushed back behind so it is no longer visible.

I hve seen my doctor about this. And she has recommended that if I want I could get otoplasty (I would only do under your method tho). She too noted that my ears stick out just enough to make them look very large. A few more milimetres back in that one place would actually change their whole appearance (and mine).

Anyway what I am wondering is have there been any cases where the price has variated? i mean more work to be done is more time in the operating room and more of your time. But i mean on my ears the tiniest change results in a massive effect. I really don't think I could afford to pay near to £2000 for this tiny thing. (3-4 mm in one part of the ear works out at like £600/mm) I hope I do not offend you but I am merely wondering if there have been any exceptions. I read about the person who needed cutting and then the stitch method. Did that cost more?
Is there any chance at all of decreasing the price? I don't think i'll have a home if i go through with it. :S

(This "tiny thing" that would actually change my life completely).

Thank you for any reply.
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: 16.09.2006 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear ntn88ntn,

The amount of work is the same if one ear sticks out a lot or if it only sticks out a little bit. That's why the price is always the same and can't be reduced.
In any case, if you are interested in an operation, please send us some photos (taken from the front, from the back and one from each side) of your ears. I wil thenl be able to see, if I can help you with my method or not.

Kind regards,
Priv. Doz. Dr. med. W. Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: