www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some questions refering to your advantage table

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 08.05.2006 11:35    Post subject: some questions refering to your advantage table Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Merck,

I have some questions regarding your method. You show the advantages of your method in the table. Do all points apply to already operated ears? I've been operated with the method of Mustarde using insoluble filaments.
I prefer to ask first if it is possible that I might get a worse result than I have at the moment.

Is your procedure reversible? I assume one would have protruding ears again - but I guess that's better than "cauliflower-ears", isn't it?

Another important question I have is, which analgesics one has to/can take after the operation. I have allergies (for ex. to Tramadol). But I can take aspirin and paracetamol.

Can you help me ??

Thanks a lot
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 08.05.2006 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Guest,

The advantages of my method apply to all ears, whether pre-operated or not. Consequently, also for ears operated with the method of Mustarde and insoluble filaments.
It is impossible to get cauliflower ears or any other ugly deformations through my method.

Theoretically, one could reverse the results of my operation without any difficulty and without it being noticeable. All we would have to do is remove the threads. It's possible, but up to now no one has wanted to have the operation reversed because they were pleased with the results.

If you are allergic to Tramadol, we can provide another analgesic. We do ask you, however, to please not take Aspirin before or after the operation, as it thins the blood and you may consequently bleed more intensively. All patients are asked to inform me of their allergies before the operation, this is done through a form with general questions on your health status/medications you take, etc.

Kind regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: