www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to have my non-protruding ears closer to the head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manfred. B.

PostPosted: 01.01.2006 14:00    Post subject: Want to have my non-protruding ears closer to the head Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Merck,
in 2000 I watched the television show "Stern TV" with Günther Jauch with your operation method as the topic. I was thrilled! I thought I've always been waiting for this kind of operation. My problem is that I don't have protruding ears, but I've always wanted to have my ears closer to my head. I have a round face and I would look better that way. I've tried it out in front of the mirror very often and I really think that ears closer to the head would suit the shape of my head better. Can you recommend your stitch method for this, and most of all, is this method possible for non-prodtruding ears?

Best regards
Manfred B. from Frankfurt
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 02.01.2006 12:19    Post subject: Operation of non-protruding ears Reply with quote

Dear Manfred B.,
Normal ears, too, can be brought closer to the head with the stitch method developed by me. There have been a number of patients who did not have protruding ears. They told me they wished that their ears were closer to the head, and said they would never have chosen an operation according to the traditional method, because they knew that the risks were too high, but with my method this wouldn't be the case.

In most cases, I tried, but failed to talk them out of an unnecessary operation. They stuck to their wish, and so I operated on them. They were actually more satisfied with the new position of their ears. To cut it short, you have to know for yourself whether you really want this operation or not. If you do, it is possible. Of course, with your ears being in a normal position, I do not advise you to have it done.

Best regards,

Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: