www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dissatisfied because of previous operation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicole aus B.

PostPosted: 02.01.2006 09:30    Post subject: Dissatisfied because of previous operation Reply with quote

I live 500 km away from Constance and I would like to have my ears operated on by you. But before that I would like to ask you a few questions, since I have already had 3 ear operations.

In 2003 a doctor thinned out my cartilage, re-formed the fold of the auricle / anthelix and I was supposed to wear a headband for three weeks in the daytime and for three months at night. After only two weeks, my ears went back into their original position. The doctor said he had to thin out the cartilage even more in order to make it last. So I went back after one year and had another operation with the same method, again unsuccessfully. The doctor said my scarring was too strong and that nothing could be done!

In 2005 I found a doctor who operated on me, without attacking my cartilage. He put a thread in my ear, which was absorbed after six months. Again, this was not successful.
I consulted another doctor and talked to him about your method, but he said the tension had to be taken out of the whole ear. However, only the tops of my ear are deformed and I don't see the need to have anyone operate on the lower part of my ears.

Can you help me, or should I send a picture? Sad
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 02.01.2006 12:58    Post subject: Ears operated three times with traditional method Reply with quote

Dear Nicole,

With my method, it is irrelevant how often the ear has been operated on before with a traditional method and how much the cartilage has been worked on. Up to now I have always succeeded in bringing the operated ear in the position the patient wished for. Ears that have been operated on three times before with the traditional method, without success, are not rare.

I once operated on a patient that had been operated on 5 times with the traditional method. I am surprised that there are patients willing to get tortured with this method so often. But they hadn't heard about my alternative - the stitch method.

Of course I only place the threads where the ear is protruding. The other regions of the ear, if their position is normal, are left alone with this method. The information you got resulted from the fact that the doctors are not familiar with my method, and often confuse it with the old method accordung to Mustardé, which has got nothing to do with the Dr. Merck's stitch method.

Please send me one frontal photo of you ears and one taken from behind. Then I will be able to answer again in detail.

Yours,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: