www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why is the stitch method not known in Asia ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon

PostPosted: 07.01.2006 07:16    Post subject: Why is the stitch method not known in Asia ? Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Merck,
I live in Singapore and have found your website on my computer. I think, the stitch method would be very nice procedure to operate my bat ears. Because of my profession I have to come to Germany this year in April. Is it possible, to fly back to Singapore the same day you make the procedure ? Do I need investigation of my body before the procedure ?
Or do you know doctors in Singapore or other places in Asia which know your method ?

Sincerly

Simon V. from Singapore
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 07.01.2006 18:58    Post subject: Is stitch method known in Asia? Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Simon,

You can fly back to Singapore on the day of the operation. A pre- examination by another doctor is not necessary if you are healthy. If you have an illness, I need a medical certificate, saying that you can be operated on. By the way, you would be the third patient from Singapore flying to Germany to have his ears operated on by me.

In Asia, the stitch method is not known yet. I found that out two years ago on a journey to Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and Bangkok, where I checked whether the stitch method developed by me had possibly already been invented before me.

A patient from Japan came to me for an operation and told me that no-one in her home country knew my method.

This led me to the idea of "exporting" the method in order to spare patients abroad a long journey. I have opened one operation centre in Majorca, a central place in Europe, to enable all Europeans to have my operation. There are flights to Majorca that are cheaper than a journey to your next German city.

At the moment I am planning to open an operation centre in either Hongkong, Singapore or Bangkok. An additional operation centre is planned for the Bahamas, for patients from North and South America.

Best regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: