www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stitch method possible for ears of different size?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernd W.

PostPosted: 15.01.2006 18:34    Post subject: Stitch method possible for ears of different size? Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Merck

I've read about your stitch method on your homepage, but I still have a few questions - some things aren't quite clear to me.
My ears are of different size and they protrude. Is it possible to operate on them if they are of different size and can you change the form of the ears with your method?
In addition to that, I'd like to know how I can get an appointment for an informational talk and how long I'll have to wait for an appointment for an operation?

How much would this operation cost? I'd only like to know the approximate costs.

Best regards,
Bernd W.
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 16.01.2006 20:03    Post subject: Stitch method possible for ears of different size? Reply with quote

Dear Mr. W.

The operation with the stitch method is also possible for different-sized ears. Only the curvature of a natural fold in the ear (called antihelix) is changed. This is more strongly accentuated with an invisible thread under the skin which brings your ears automatically in the right position. Other than that, the shape of your ears is not changed.
By the way, a protruding large ear always looks smaller once it is closer to the head, which makes our patients very happy. Of course the different sizes of your ears will still remain, but your ears won't be so noticeable anymore after they've been pinned closer to your head.

You can contact my secretary for a free appointment (without obligation) for the informational talk anytime on +49 7531 915310. She can also tell you about the operation costs as well.
Best regards,

Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: