www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Different descriptions of the stitch method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonym

PostPosted: 15.01.2006 22:54    Post subject: Different descriptions of the stitch method Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Merck,

I've read a lot in forums about the operation of protruding ears. I've noticed that other doctors obviously don't really know about your stitch method. You already point that out on your website.
The thing I don't get is: Why don't you defend yourself and ask those doctors to get exact information before they tell patients anything. If I were you I'd even proceed against such a sloppiness. I am sure that you lose patients because of this wrongly given information. What's even worse is that these wrong "experts" keep the patients from having a gentle operation and have otoplasty with the bloody, high-risk method.

Yours
Dr.Merck

PostPosted: 16.01.2006 21:57    Post subject: Different descriptions of the stitch method Reply with quote

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your concern regarding wrong information and the fact that this actually may lead to what you describe. The loss of patients, I can handle. What I find difficult to tolerate is when false light is shed on the term "stitch method" and this new, minimally invasive method, which is better than any other I know.

It's not true that I don't defend myself. If I find out the names of the doctors giving false information I write to them and inform them about my method and hope they tell their patients about it. They can read about it in this forum in the section "Dr. Merck's stitch method ? Information about Dr. Merck's stitch method for doctors". I'd only proceed against someone if the colleague did not react and continued giving false information knowingly.

Best regards,

Pirv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: