www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why don't they ban the old methods?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
F. Gross, Cologne

PostPosted: 18.01.2006 14:53    Post subject: Why don't they ban the old methods? Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Merck,
The traditional, bloody methods scare me and I am afraid of such operations. I am wondering why there are still such operations, even though there is your method now. Why aren't the old methods banned?

Yours
F. Gross
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 19.01.2006 12:38    Post subject: Ban of the old methods? Reply with quote

Dear F. Gross,

I got asked this a lot, especially by a television team which did a report on my method in 2000 in the broadcast "Galileo" on channel Pro 7. They still had the images of the old method in mind, because they had filmed a feature about the traditional methods just one year before that.

You can't ban an operation method, no matter what the quality is. The medical books are full of different operative procedures, including dated ones and ones that haven't proved their worth.
It's always up to the individual surgeon to decide on the operation method.

Best regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: