www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this true: position exact to the millimetre?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolz S.

PostPosted: 26.01.2006 11:34    Post subject: Is this true: position exact to the millimetre? Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Merck,

I have one or two question regarding the otoplasty. I have read here in the forum that you get a mirror and can determine the position of your ears up to a millimetre. Can this be taken literally?
I don't have jug ears, but the upper part of one ear is protruding a bit more than the other, which I would like to change. It's the same for the other ear, but there would only be a minimal correction needed as the top of the ear only protrudes very slightly.

Best regards
S. Bolz
Switzerland
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 26.01.2006 20:23    Post subject: Position exact to the millimetre Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Bolz,

It's true that you can co-determine the position of the ears up to a millimetre with the stitch method. Patients get a hand-held mirror during the operation with which they can control and determine the position of their ears.
In your case, this means that I can also correct an only slightly protruding top part of the ear. After that, the more protruding ear will be brought into the same position as that of the first operated ear.
There is no risk, because I only stop operating when you have the ears you've wished for.

Best regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: