www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-examination necessary for stitch method?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 31.01.2006 18:40    Post subject: Pre-examination necessary for stitch method? Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm very interested in your method of otoplasty. Up to now I've always been afraid of the long time for convalescence.

I live 500km away from Constance so I would like to know whether it is enough to come to your clinic on the day of the operation or whether there is any kind of pre-examination necessary, so that I have to plan on a longer stay.

Would I be able to drive home on the same day of the operation?
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 31.01.2006 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Guest,

You can arrive the day of the operation and leave again. If you travel by train or plane, you may return home alone. If however you come by car and want to return home the same day, you should have someone give you a ride. You are not allowed to drive the day of the operation. The reason for this is that, in case of an accident, you would have to prove that you were able to drive. If you are healthy, you need no previous examinations. If you take aspirin, you should stop taking it 14 days before the operation because this medicine makes the blood thinner and you risk secondary bleeding.

Best regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: