www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Operation of my son

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 06.07.2006 22:36    Post subject: Operation of my son Reply with quote

Hello...

on July 29th, my son will be operated on.
Even though I'm committed to your method, I'm a little bit scared....
What is your expierence, do the children suffer a lot of pain? Can he go to kindergarden the next day? Without a bandage?
When the doctor gives him an anaesthesia, can I stay with him? It would make me feel a lot calmer.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 06.07.2006 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear guest,

I have operated on children who didn't feel any pain at all. In this case they did not need any kind of analgesic. In most cases, however, the children do suffer slight pain. This can be controlled very well with analgesics. A type of analgesic will be given to you by our anaesthetist.
Mostly they give "Benuron" suppositories and antibiotics for three days.
Your son can go back to kindergarden the day after the operation and he will not need a bandage.
At our surgery, it's common practice that parents stay with their children till the anaesthesia takes effect.

Kind regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: