www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Specific question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: 11.08.2006 12:20    Post subject: Specific question Reply with quote

Dear Dr Merck,

I would like to enquire regarding the risks of suture extrusion (the stitch being rejected) and cases of recurrence (ears sticking out again after the procedure). Please could you advise me how likely these outcomes are under your method?

Through research I have found that methods similar to yours have been practised in the UK and, as you say, proven to be an effective alternative to traditional surgical methods; even more so with the addition of a "postauricular fascial flap" (as this prevents suture extrusion and helps to reduce recurrence rates). Do you incorporate this as part of your procedure??

I look forward to hearing your comments.
Many thanks,
Michael
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 17.08.2006 00:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Michael,

The exact percentage can be seen in the chart, which you can find under the second topic of this forum (Dr Merck's new alternative stitch method).
There you have to click on the word "comparison chart" to see the exact percentage.

Alternative methods using "postauricular fascial flap" have nothing to do with my method. These are variations of the open, invasive, traditional method.
Please refer to the description of my method on the site.

Kind regards,
Priv.Doz. Dr. med. W. Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: