www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about technique of the stitch method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> Patients about the stitch method and operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angela

PostPosted: 20.12.2005 15:21    Post subject: Question about technique of the stitch method Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Merck,

I didn't get the details of the technique of the stitch method. Is the ear simply stitched to the head?

Best regards,
Angela
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 21.12.2005 16:19    Post subject: Technique of the stitch method Reply with quote

Dear Angela,

The ear is not stitched to the head during the stitch method. That would be malpractice. In that case, the stitches would disturb you while washing, and they would cause infection and pain. Unfortunately the Bild Zeitung (yellow press) reported that I stitch the ears to the head in an article about my operation on Daniel Küblböck. The Bild Zeitung didn't ask for detailed information about how my method works. I use a tearproof, non-absorbable thread to form a natural fold of the ear that is missing or not large enough in a protruding ear. This thread is invisible. It is placed under the skin and goes around the cartilage of this new fold (antihelix). That way, there are no threads between the ear and the head.

The "Bild am Sonntag", in contrast to the Bild Zeitung, wrote an impartial report about the operation on Daniel Küblböck one day later, which depicted my method correctly.

Best regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> Patients about the stitch method and operation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: